過去簡單式 (Past Tense)
I talked to my mother yesterday.
He was a teacher in his thirties.
I loved you; and perhaps I love you still.
- What do you eat for lunch yesterday?
- What did you eat for lunch yesterday?
Tina _______ hamburgers for lunch every day last week.
(A) was having (B) had (C) has had (D) has
以過去簡單式或 "used to" 來表示過去的習慣
My brother got up at five every morning.
My brother used to get up at five every morning.
I shopped at Eslite Bookstore regularly.
I used to shop at Eslite Bookstore regularly.
I thought she was a teacher.
Stephen got out safely before his house collapsed.
Steve acts as though he were the boss. (= but he is not the boss)
I wish [that] he were here now.
- 過去，高學位往往是成功的關鍵。 這些日子，學位可能不如創造力和真實的工作經驗那麼重要。
- In the past, an advanced degree is often the key to success. These days, a degree can be less important than creativity and real job experience.
- In the past, an advanced degree was often the key to success. These days, a degree can be less important than creativity and real job experience.