過去完成進行式 (Past Perfect Progressive Tense)
I had been working nonstop for seven hours before he showed up.
Sarah gained weight because she had been overeating.
Susan had been singing for two hours when I got there.
- Jessica has been dating Paul for six months when he suddenly stopped calling.
- Jessica had been dating Paul for six months when he suddenly stopped calling.
- Paul and Alex have been playing tennis when it began to rain.
- Paul and Alex had been playing tennis when it began to rain.
I had been sleeping when you phoned。
I had not been sleeping when you phoned。
Had you been sleeping when I called?
They had discussed for two hours before the boss came in.
They had been discussing for two hours before the boss came in.
- The court last week had been denying his request to be freed on bail.
- The court last week denied his request to be freed on bail.