由「動詞+介系詞」所形成的片語動詞一定要有受詞，整個片語動詞應該當做多字動詞來詮釋。例如： run into （不期而遇）， look after （照顧），call off （取消）。
|片語動詞 || 中文釋意 || || 片語動詞 || 中文釋意|
|apologize for || 為...道歉 || || prepare for || 為...作準備 |
|beg for || 為...乞求 || || prohibit from || 禁止 |
|look after || 照顧 || || refer to || 提到 |
|believe in || 相信 || || rely on || 依賴 |
|boast about || 吹噓 || || succeed in || 順利完成 |
|wait for || 等待 || || suffer from || 受...之苦 |
|complain about || 抱怨 || || insist of || 堅持 |
|depend on || 依靠; 信賴 || || worry about || 擔心 |
|object to || 反對 || keep on || 持續 |
|run into || 不期而遇 || ||call off || 取消 |
- Her mom has been suffering with cancer for two years.
- Her mom has been suffering from cancer for two years.
- She had to beg money and food for her children.
- We look the neighbors' cat while they are away.
- Do you believe ghosts?
- People who boast their I.Q. are losers.
- I have nothing to complain .
- You can depend her.
- What can young girls do to prepare a career in science?
- He is prohibited attending the party.
- I believe on working hard to achieve success.
- I believe in working hard to achieve success.
- They succeeded solving the problem.
- He's been suffering cancer for many years.
- It's silly worrying things which are outside your control.
- He always refers the house as his refuge.
- we apologize any inconvenience caused by the changes.
- We really cannot rely her.
- I am waiting the dentist to check my teeth.