形容詞 + 介系詞 (Adjective + Preposition)
形容詞 + 介系詞 (of)
|afraid of||(害怕)||I'm afraid of snakes.|
|aware of||(知道)||Were you aware of the risks at the time?|
|capable of||(能夠)||Peter is capable of hard work.|
|fond of||(喜歡)||Arthur is fond of Diane.|
|frightened of||(害怕)||She is frightened of spiders.|
|jealous of||(妒忌)||She had always been very jealous of her sister's good looks.|
|proud of||(驕傲)||She is proud of her accomplishments.|
|scared of||(害怕)||I'm scared of telling her what really happened.|
|sure of||(確定)||I am sure of his innocence.|
|tired of||(厭倦)||I'm tired of the US spouting democracy for the world, yet ignoring Taiwan's democracy.|
- Some children are wary on strangers.
- Some children are wary of strangers.
形容詞 + 介系詞 (from)
|different from||(不同於)||In what ways is a news story different from a work of fiction?|
|derived from||(從...獲得)||A large portion of my income is derived from moonlighting.|
形容詞 + 介系詞 (for)
|famous for||(著名的)||Marie Curie is famous for her contribution to science.|
|ready for||(準備)||Are you ready for love?|
|sorry for||(對不起)||I am sorry for your loss.|
|suitable for||(適合)||Marry was totally suitable for the job.|
- The artist is famous of his genius and great originality.
- The artist is famous for his genius and great originality.
形容詞 + 介系詞 (at)
|angry at||(對...生氣)||Do you know why Joe is angry at himself?|
|excellent at ||(善於)||Cindy has been doing excellent at this school.|
|good at||(善於)||Zack is really good at telling jokes.|
|hopeless at||(對...绝望)||I am hopeless at remembering names.|
形容詞 + 介系詞 (in)
|interested in||(感興趣)||Wesley is interested in dating Haylee.|
|rich in||(含有很多)||Pineapple juice is rich in vitamins A and B.|
|fluent in||(流利的)||She's fluent in French.|
形容詞 + 介系詞 (on)
|keen on||(熱衷於)||She is keen on playing tennis.|
|dependent on||(依賴於)||Are we too dependent on computers?|
形容詞 + 介系詞 (to)
|accustomed to||(習慣)||They are accustomed to living in much colder temperatures. |
|married to||(與...結婚)||Kate is married to a French man.|
|nice to||(對...好）||Betty has always been very nice to me.|
|opposed to||(反對)||They were strongly opposed to the project.|
|similar to||(類似)||His writings are similar to those of a famous writer.|
形容詞 + 介系詞 (about)
|angry about||(惱怒)||Why are you so angry about it?|
|careless about||(粗心約)||Most users are careless about security when surfing the Internet.|
|enthusiastic about||(熱中)||Jeff doesn't seem very enthusiastic about the birthday party.|
|serious about||(認真對待)||Is she serious about going to live abroad?|
|worried about||(擔心)||They don't seem particularly worried about the situation.|
- She is excited of her birthday party tonight.
- She is excited about her birthday party tonight.
形容詞 + 介系詞 (with)
|bored with||(厭煩)||She was getting bored with doing the same thing day after day.|
|crowded with||(擠滿了)||The auditorium was crowded with people.|
|disappointed with||(失望)||She is disappointed with herself for not being ready for the tests.|
|familiar with||(熟悉)||I am familiar with his writing.|
|pleased with||(高興)||Robert is pleased with his progress at the company.|
|satisfied with||(滿意)||Are you satisfied with the new arrangement?|
- I have been married with my husband for 10 years.
- I have been married to my husband for 10 years.
- In Africa, the mountain gorilla depends with bamboo for most of its diet.
- In Africa, the mountain gorilla depends on bamboo for most of its diet.
- The best leaders are good in motivating people with things like encouragement, praise and rewards.
- The best leaders are good at motivating people with things like encouragement, praise and rewards.
- I was pleased with the present you gave me.
- He is committed to improving his English.
- Your writing is similar to mine.
- She is very excited about winning the first prize.
- I'm not ashamed of what I did.
- She is addicted to watching TV.
- South Africa is rich in natural resources like diamonds and gold.
- I am sick of Alex! He is always short of money!
- Why are you so angry it?
- He is strongly opposed the plan.
- I'm sorry the noise last night.
- Are you interested art?
- She has always been very nice me.
- He is responsible causing the damage.
- She is fond having picnics.
- He was angry his daughter for coming home late.