附加問句 (Tag Questions)
附加問句是由助動詞與代名詞組成的一種很短的問句(如： is he? 或 isn't it?)，附加在直述句後面，用來尋求對方的認同、確認或澄清事實。
若直述句是肯定，後面的附加問句要用縮短形如 don't (do not), didn't (did not), isn't (is not), wasn't (was not) 等等的否定形式， 若直述句是否定，後面的附加問句要用肯定形式。
You're coming too, aren't you?
You're not coming, are you?
You don't love me, do you? 你不愛我，對嗎？
(A) Yes, I don't. (B) No, I do. (C) No, I don't.
- You didn’t tell him, didn't you?
- You didn’t tell him, did you?
- We hardly ever do anything interesting, don't we?
- We hardly ever do anything interesting, do we?
直述句若含有 “this” 或 “that” ，附加問句用 “it”
This is your moment, isn’t it?
That is your job, isn’t it?
直述句若含有 “these” 或 “those”，附加問句用 “they”
These candies are all too sweet, aren't they?
Those are your friends, aren’t they?
直述句若含有 “there is” 或 “there are”，附加問句用 “there”
There is no security issue here, is there?
There are people dying for lack of medicine, aren't there?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection, _______?
(A) is there (B) are they
目前沒有預防 COVID-19 感染的疫苗，有嗎？
|You || you |
|He / 男性名字(如：John) || he|
|She / 女性名字(如：Mary) || she|
|It / This / That / Everything || it|
|They / These / Those / Many || they|
Jason is American, isn't he?
This book belongs to Jason, doesn't it?
- Everything is fine, isn't ?
- Peter studied hard, didn't ?
- That is your iPhone, isn't ?
- Tina likes tea, doesn't ?
- There is a girl in the room, isn't ?
- Many came late, didn't ?
|Be 動詞 || be 動詞|
|一般動詞 || do / does / did|
| 情態助動詞 || 情態助動詞|
|動詞片語 || 動詞片語的第一個助動詞|
You are not happy, are you?
You speak Japanese, don't you?
He admitted his mistake, didn't he?
You have a lovely kid, don't you?
He will visit us next week, won't he?
They can join our team too, can't they?
You have done your homework, haven't you?
You came by train, _______ you?
(A) did (B) didn’t (C) doesn't (D) don't
You didn’t tell him, _______ you?
(A) did (B) don't (C) do (D) didn't
- She has paid the bill, doesn't she?
- She has paid the bill, hasn't she?
- He had peanut butter sandwich for lunch, hadn't he?
- He had peanut butter sandwich for lunch, didn't he?