附加問句 (Tag Questions)
附加問句是由助動詞與代名詞組成的一種很短的問句，(如： is he? 或 isn't it?)附加在直述句後面，用來尋求對方的認同、確認或澄清事實。
若直述句是肯定,後面的附加問句要用否定形式，而且必須是縮短形(do not => don't; did not => didn't; is not => isn't；was not => wasn't 等等)， 若直述句是否定,後面的附加問句要用肯定形式。
You're coming too, aren't you?
You're not coming, are you?
直述句若含有 never, none, neither, nothing, nobody, hardly, barely, rarely 等等具有否定意思的字，附加問句要用肯定形式。
Nothing is wrong, is there?
Yes, something is wrong.
Yes, there’s something wrong.
No, nothing is wrong.
No, there’s nothing wrong.
- We hardly ever do anything interesting, don't we?
- We hardly ever do anything interesting, do we?
- Nobody told you to go, did it?
- Nobody told you to go, did they?
|You || you |
|He / 男性名字(如：John) || he|
|She / 女性名字(如：Mary) || she|
|It / This / That / Everything || it|
|They / These / Those / Many || they|
Jason is American, isn't he?
This book belongs to Jason, doesn't it?
- Everything is fine, isn't ?
- Peter studied hard, didn't ?
- That is your iPhone, isn't ?
- Tina likes tea, doesn't ?
- There is a girl in the room, isn't ?
- Many came late, didn't ?
|Be 動詞 || be 動詞|
|一般動詞 || do / does / did|
| 情態助動詞 || 情態助動詞|
|動詞片語 || 動詞片語的第一個助動詞|
You are not happy, are you?
You speak Japanese, don't you?
He admitted his mistake, didn't he?
You have a lovely kid, don't you?
He will visit us next week, won't he?
They can join our team too, can't they?
You have done your homework, haven't you?
- She has paid the bill, doesn't she?
- She has paid the bill, hasn't she?
- He had peanut butter sandwich for lunch, hadn't he?
- He had peanut butter sandwich for lunch, didn't he?